More technical questions.
- What is FTP?
From the unix man page:
"Ftp is the user interface to the Internet standard File Transfer
Protocol. The program allows a user to transfer files to and from a remote
- What is Rad FTP?
- Rad FTP is a pure java graphical FTP client. It's available as a web based applet and
a standalone client.
- What is the difference between your applet and standalone client?
The applet is intended to be installed on your website. This would then allow all members
of your organization as well as the visitors to your website to make use of it. If you are
an Internet Service Provider you could add value to your service by providing free access
to the applet for your clients.
The standalone client cannot be installed on a web site and is intended to be used purely as a desktop application.
- Is there a difference between the Applet that is available for free download and the
- Their features are identical. However they differ in their license policies. You may not use
the free download on a commercial website. If you work for a company that means you need to pay the license fee. If you are unsure please talk to us
- Can Rad FTP be installed on windows 95/98/me/2000/XP ?
- Yes it can. You need to have the Java Runtime Enviorenment installed. the JRE is available
for free download from the java website. You need version
1.4.2 or higher of the JRE for the applet and version 1.4.0 or higher for the standalone
- Can your FTP client be installed on the Apple Macintosh ?
Yes. You need to have version 1.4.0 or higher of the MRJ (Mac Runtime for Java) installed.
- Does your applet or standalone client work on linux
Yes. You also need to have the X Window system installed and you will
need the Java Runtime Enviorenment as well. the JRE is available
for free download from the java website.
- What are the system requirements for installing the applet?
- Each licence of the applet allows you to install it on any single website. It is platform
independent and can be installed on all commonly available web servers. The end user of
the applet (visitors to your site) will need to have the java plug in installed with their browser. The html page that hosts the applet can be coded such that the plug in is auto installed
with most browsers.
- Do I need to have java installed on my web server and/or FTP Server?
- No. Please also see the previous question as well.
- Can I integrate the applet or desktop client with my own applications?
- If you need to do more than just simply embedding the applet on your web pages you
can request a source code licence. Please contact our sales team.
- Can I buy a source code licence?
- Yes. Please contact our sales team and
request a source code licence.
- Do I get discounts on upgrades?
- Any upgrades released with in 1 year from your purchase date will be made available
free of charge. There will be discounts for updates released after the thirty day period.
- Can I see a demo?
- Yes. An online demonstration of the applet is available. The functionality of both the web based client and the stand alone client are very
much the same.
- I just want a file upload solution, I don't need the
full functionality of the FTP applet, Can you help?
- Certainly, you can make use of our
Drag and Drop File Uploader. The basic version